Here is an IELTS Writing topic:
Some people believe children should do what their parents tell them to do; others believe that children shall work/think independently. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here are some ideas about those two views.
Ideas for children should work independently:
- Independent learning is about children having opportunities and time to plan and develop their play and interests.
- Within child initiated time children are able to extend and apply their learning.
- They are encouraged to explore, take risks, make decisions, solve problems and share their achievements with others, which help to develop their confidence, self-esteem and independence.
- They consolidate and internalize, thus forming deeper understanding.
- Independent planning time gives children ownership of their learning, providing many opportunities to celebrate everyone's interests and achievements, promoting a culture of success in school.
- Child initiated learning not only provides opportunities to apply learning from other curriculum areas, but also helps children to develop skills, concentration, perseverance and the ability to work collaboratively, which can be applied to all the learning that takes place in school, at home and in all aspects of life.