Here are some ideas about "immigration" topic in IELTS Writing:
The pros of immigration
• Immigration leads to exchange of cultural values, knowledge and expertise between two nations.
• It gives a platform for people from diverse backgrounds to come together and share their views.
• Immigration also brings in new opportunities for people of different countries.
• It results in exchange and sharing of knowledge between nations.
• It opens doors to many new fields of education and career opportunities.
• Immigration results in an open global market.
• It gives a global perspective to the social and economic growth of society, thus widening the scope for development.
• Supporters of immigration believe that it has the potential of bringing about global prosperity.
• Immigration may result in a fairer distribution of population.
• Some countries face a dearth of resources due to their rising population, while others are blessed with ample resources but have a very thin population.
• Migration from a thickly populated nation to a thinly populated one can prove to be a blessing for both countries.
The cons of immigration
• Crowding, that is, increase in the population density in certain regions, is one of the basic disadvantages of immigration.
• It implies an excessive use of the resources of one nation that may lead to imbalance of natural resources.
• Those opposing immigration argue that the jobs available in the country and the nation's wealth are its property and that allowing immigration implies the distribution of this property among the non-natives.
• The costs incurred in the provision of resources such as education and health facilities to the immigrants are a burden on the nation that hosts immigrants in large numbers.
• The economic growth brought about by immigration is nullified by the costs that the nation's government has to bear in providing the immigrants with the resources.
• Less educated immigrants are believed to increase theft, violence and other malpractices in a nation.
• Illegal immigration that has emerged in some parts of the world has proven to be a curse to the nations' economies and their social welfare.