According to some students, 'map' questions have been popular in recent IELTS exams. There are 2 types of map:
- A map that shows a comparison
- A map that shows development of an area.
For a good example of the second type of map, have a look at the task from Cambridge IELTS book 1 (go down to page 91), or look at the same map below.
To help you think about how to describe the map, answer these questions:
- How could you paraphrase "the map shows the development of the village"?
- How many periods of development are shown, and which period saw the most development?
- What is the relationship between transport and the growth of the village?
- How could you group the information in order to write two 'specific details' paragraphs?
I'll give you my answers to these questions and the full essay later.