Describe a TV programme or channel that you enjoy watching regularly.
- What it is called and what is it about?
- When do you usually watch it ?
- Why do you prefer it to other programmes or channels?
Here's a sample description and pay attention to those underlined words.
- I rarely watch traditional television channels nowadays; I much prefer searching for interesting programs or videos online. So, although it’s not a normal TV channel or program, I’d like to talk about a program called ‘What would you do?’ on YouTube which I think is kind of a modern version of a TV channel.
- The show is about setting up everyday scenarios that reflect on how people react, why they react, and what they decide to. Scenarios staged are usually injustices or illegal activity; things you do not experience in everyday life. Actors and props are used, as well as hidden cameras to view the action.
- The reason I like watching this program on YouTube is that I can watch it whenever I want. I tend to visit the website every day. I often watch this show on my iPhone while I’ travelling to and from work on the tram.
- The another reason I like watching this program is that I learn something about what we should do to examine our conscience, to improve our ‘inhumane’ community, and to be more supportive every time I watch one. Instead of watching meaningless soap operas and talk shows on TV, I’d much rather spend 10 minutes watching one scenarios of this show.
One example scenario, this experiment examines how people will react when they see a woman and man berate and insult a young man with down syndrome bagging groceries while they claim he should not be working at this environment. Will people step in?