Read the following General Training IELTS Reading practice – a notice that gives information about school excursions. Each excursion is labelled A-F. Answer questions 1-5 below by writing the appropriate letter A-F behind each question.
A Ancient and Modern Museum
This is a museum with a difference. Along with the usual historical exhibits, this museum features an up-to-date display of hands-on information technology.
B Shortlands Wildlife Park
This is not the usual animal gaol. Here exotic animals wander free in large compounds, separated in such a way that they can't harm one another.
C Botanical Gardens
Besides the many exotic plants one expects to see in a botanical garden, these gardens feature an array of native birds and other wildlife.
D Wax World
If you're interested in seeing how people used to live and dress, Wax World is the place for you. Featuring over 100 wax models of famous people, this venue is well-suited to anyone interested in changing trends in clothing.
E Technology Park
In the planetarium you can observe features of the night sky, and learn about such historical events as the origin of the crab nebula. This excursion also includes a visit to the Satellite Mapping Centre.
F The Light Fantastic
Find out about the fascinating process of candle making. This factory also holds the additional attraction of illustrating the diverse uses that candles and other wax products can have—from the projection of film to their use in the art of sculpture and decoration.
1. Which excursion would you choose if you wanted to know about the different uses of wax?
2. Where could students learn something about the animals of the country they are studying in?
3. On which excursion is it possible to learn something about the stars?
4. Which excursion would be suitable for students of fashion and design?
5. Which excursion would attract people interested in computers?