Here is an IELTS Speaking Part2 topic:
Here is an IELTS writing topic that my students have been discussing:
Some sports are dangerous. Why people still take part in these sports? What can be done to reduce the dangers?
Here is my brainstorming:
- Extreme sports cover all kinds of adventure activities like snowboarding, rock climbing, surfing, skydiving, and the like. There is something about an extreme sport that attracts men and women to take that plunge and just go for it. Some do it for the sense of challenge and fulfillment, while others do it to relieve pressure.
- Whether one is young, old, or on the verge of being a senior citizen, the drive to push the envelope rages.
- Through extreme sports, we receive a sense of pleasure and achievement.
- It is a way to prove themselves to their peers.
- Extreme sport athletes feed on the competition and the respect that comes with being able to overcome the hurdles of each event.
- At the same time, engaging in extreme sports is stress released by your adrenal glands.
- You would feel pump of adrenaline when you're seated in a roller coaster or scurrying to meet a deadline.
- That heightened sensation of pressure building up in your chest, to your blood coursing through your veins at top speed, is what drives extreme sport lovers.
- Safety first is a rule to live by in any activity but with extreme sports, safety becomes a very prominent issue. Each extreme sport has its own set of rules and safety guidelines that should be followed to reduce the occurrence of injury or fatalities. For example, weather and equipment condition are vital factors which must be put into serious consideration before commence skydiving.